THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: 01 cummins swap  (Read 2078 times)

Bill41

• Single Axle Driver
01 cummins swap
« on: March 22, 2014, 11:21:25 PM »
A friend of mine recently offered me a good deal on his 2001 dodge 2500 with a cummins and nv 4500 trans. The truck is toast but the drive train is good. My question is has anyone done a swap with a newer cummins (not p pumped) into these trucks. The truck that would be getting the engine is a 1995 3500hd with a 6.5 and auto trans. What am I in for if I go for this swap. Thanks guys.

3500HD addict

• Dually Driver
Re: 01 cummins swap
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 09:08:42 PM »
Probably not much help but I'm considering doing this to my 98. I'm having a hard time finding a good 12 valve for a decent price. I've been doing some research on the wiring harnes and electronics of the engine. The dodge side of eletricial I haven't got into yet. I know it can be done just how much headache it will be is the question.
 I'm also looking at some 24 valves from medium series trucks that which most have stand alone computers (ecm's)
 I think this May be the best route to take. Good luck into ur venture.. Soon as I find out anything else I will post on it.
Life is what happens while your busy makeing other plans.
1998 C3500HD getting a 5.9 Cummins in process

someotherguy

• 3500HD Hero
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 09:46:24 AM »
Getting the complete wiring diagrams for both trucks would be a good start.

Having the complete donor truck is an excellent position to be in, too.

Richard
06 Silverado ISS / 06 Silverado SS / 06 300C SRT8

Bill41

• Single Axle Driver
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2014, 07:50:03 PM »
Yea I will have a full donor truck. It's a 4x4 but I believe that's just a tail shaft. I was hoping that having the whole truck I would be able to take the harness and everything from the dodge and pack it into the Chevy.

3500HD addict

• Dually Driver
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 05:57:02 PM »
One other thing that will be a big help is try to find a factory GM service manual. I have the 3 big blue ones, they come in very handy from time to time...

I'm sure dodge/cummins has them too I just haven't acquired them yet.
Life is what happens while your busy makeing other plans.
1998 C3500HD getting a 5.9 Cummins in process

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
EAST COAST GEAR SUPPLY
3500HD King Pin Replacement
4BT and Diesel Swaps
King Pin Tech Tip pdf
JEEP ENGINE GUIDE pdf MOPAR
KING PIN THREAD
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
TBI CHIPS.COM
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM