THIS IS THE PLACE TO LIST AND SELL YOUR TRUCKS AND PARTS FREE!

Home of all dually trucks with the GMC/Chevy 3500HD series truck a point of interest.

By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please register for an account above!

You can appreciate the “beef” of the GMC/Chevy 3500HD trucks, a stripped rolling 3500HD chassis weighs more than a running C1500!

When posting on this site you won't have to explain what the 3500HD Beast is! ie 19.5 wheels, straight axle, 10 bolt wheels, 15000lbs GVW, 4 Wheel Disc Brakes etc

We are based in the U.S. If you are not from the U.S. or Canada (all IP addresses checked) you will be rejected. If you are a legit overseas applicant, contact me via email: borderdrop@yahoo.com

Welcome to the 3500HD.com forum created October 2009

Author Topic: 6.5 Pipe Dream Machine  (Read 64 times)

Tr00b

• Single Axle Driver
  • Row Seatin'
6.5 Pipe Dream Machine
« on: January 10, 2020, 12:58:08 PM »
I've had a K1500 with a 6.5 since 2012. Its been a relative nightmare to keep up, but its tuned, modded and fixed to be a very useful and almost quick and fun to drive truck. Always needed a dump truck around the farm as I heat with wood exclusively and constantly am doing one thing or another.

Also I'm so vested knowledge and parts wise in the GMT400 platform that I'm stuck on them till something catastrophic happens.

Ended up with a 1992 C3500HD with a 6.5TD with a mechanical pump, a bad automatic trans, no title, and a broken frame. Had a rollback bed on it. It is equipped with an open 4.56 Rockwell C103 rear axle. It had a crank sheave belt driven hydraulic pump. they took that but left the brackets.

Currently, I'm parting the truck out, but am keeping the mechanical diesel engine for a project OR to swap into a dump truck project to burn waste oil in. I love the look of the 3500HD's and am looking at them very closely and am very interested in converting to one with an SAS and 4x4 with a dump body and possibly other hydraulic accessories.

Looking forward to listing my parts and keeping up to date with the best knowledge there is on what looks like a hell of a truck.

1996 K1500 6.5 Diesel
1992 C3500HD single cab 6.5, 4L80e, Rockwell C103 4.56 open diff parts truck

LINK SECTION - FEEL FREE TO SUGGEST ANY LINKS (YOURS INCLUDED).

DIESEL HUB
DIESEL PLACE
EAST COAST GEAR SUPPLY
3500HD King Pin Replacement
4BT and Diesel Swaps
King Pin Tech Tip pdf
JEEP ENGINE GUIDE pdf MOPAR
KING PIN THREAD
JEEP WRANGLER WIRING DIAGRAMS
MILLER TIG Welding Calculator
TBI CHIPS.COM
VINTAGE CHEVY/GM FORUM